Friday, November 2, 2012

Beginning of Winter: The Aaloo Kopi Way!

Winter is slowly creeping in, and there's one very very special fragrance that I have always associated with winters, and I guess always will.

When I was living in Delhi, every time the winters would start drifting in, ma would cook a cabbage dish (as this was my absolute favourite) and this would be the season when the vegetable would be the freshest in the market. It was a really simple preparation, hardly any spices or masala, the only special touch being the extra-than-usual adding of peas, and the one ingredient that is almost a must in every bengali household - aaloo (potato).

I made this yesterday (you can see the cabbage, tomatoes, peas, potato and bay leaf) and my hubby and daughter loved it too. It wasn't as delicious as ma makes it, but it did bring back to me my memories of my years spent in ma's kitchen, and also the fragrance of the beginning of this year's winter.

- Debolina Raja Gupta

1 comment:

  1. Hi i am Reading your posts every week twice really ur posts are very useful to me and also every one who looking for the same i hope to see like this in future also 5star Hotels in kolkata, For more information’s on
    Budget 5star hotels in Kolkatathank you..!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...