Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Hand Rickshaw

image courtesy thehindu.com

For those of you living in Kolkata, this may be a regular, every day image. If you're a reader who doesn't live in Kolkata, does this image mean anything to you? To me, it instantly brings up words like An Evening In The Streets, A cosy day with books, nostalgia, many cups of ginger tea, old-world charm, crowded streets, footpaths, bargain, old age.....will add more words here as they come to mind.


 Isn't this just gorgeous? Though I completely condemn the practice, I found this hand-rickshaw parked outside my guest house when I was staying in Kolkata, India, a few months back.


- Debolina Raja Gupta

1 comment:

  1. Without going into any controversy though hand ricksaw it look like humanistic but still its their job, earn their bread by doing this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...